December 09, 2017
- The ASEAN India Connectivity Summit (AICS) on the theme: Powering Digital and Physical Linkages for Asia in the 21st Century would be held on 11-12 December 2017 at New Delhi.
- The Summit would be attended by Shri. Nitin Gadkari, Minister for Road, Transport and Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation; Shri. Manoj Sinha, Minister of State for Communications (Independent Charge); Gen. (Dr.) V.K. Singh, Minister of State for External Affairs; Shri. M.J. Akbar, Minister of State for External Affairs; and Smt. Preeti Saran, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs.
- From ASEAN, H.E. Mr. Phan Tam, Deputy Minister of Information and Communications, Viet Nam; and H.E. Tauch Chankosal, Secretary of State, Ministry of Public Works and Transport, the Kingdom of Cambodia would be attending.
- In addition, the AICS would be bringing together, policymakers, senior officials from the Government, investors, industry leaders, representatives of trade associations and entrepreneurs on the same platform.
- A part of the celebratory events being organised to commemorate the silver jubilee of ASEAN-India dialogue partnership, the AICS aims to accelerate existing connectivity prospects; identify issues of concern, evolve suitable policy recommendations and develop strategies to enhance economic, industrial and trade relations between ASEAN and India. Its focus areas are Infrastructure, Roadways, Shipping, Digital, Finance, Energy and Aviation.
- The AICS is being organized by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in collaboration with AIC and CII. The partner organizations are Ministry of Civil Aviation, Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Ministry of Power, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Ministry of Shipping and Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India. The Associate organizations are EXIM Bank, IDFC Institute, National Maritime Foundation and RIS.
December 09, 2017